Didn’t you love that ad “Sunday ho ya Monday roj khao ande”?
Eggs are very essential for our health. They are one of the natures balanced food, containing all the vitamins (except C), minerals, protein and fat. What can’t you make with eggs? You can include them in breakfast or as a main course of every meal. Apart from these you can make snack, appetizer and most important thing is they are basic ingredients of baking. You can eat them in any version – by boiling, poaching, frying or add to the gravy. Very easy and simple to make yet tasty.
But there are still some unknown things that you should know. Here, I am sharing some useful tips which is beneficial for you.
- Cleaning the egg shell before refrigerating, destroy the natural antibiotic layer which protects egg from bacteria. So don’t clean it with water before refrigerating.
- Egg should be stored in cool place.
- Beat the egg with 2-3 drops of lemon juice. It tastes good and no smell will be there in the container.
- If cream is not around, beat up white part of egg and mashed banana together and use it instead of cream. Both will work same.
- Boil eggs and potatoes together. Egg will boil fast and also reduce gas consumption.
- When boiled egg gets overcooked, sometimes a greenish ring appears around the egg due to the iron and sulfur compounds in the egg. It does not harm the taste of the egg but affects the quality of proteins. The remedy is chill the eggs for a few minutes in a cold water. You will notice that greenish ring disappears.
Now the most interesting thing to know if the eggs you’ve got are fresh or stale.
- Fill a deep bowl with cold tap water enough to cover an egg. Place the egg in the water.
- If the egg lies on its side on the bottom it is very fresh.
- If the egg stands vertical and bobs on the bottom it isn’t very fresh.
- If the egg floats on the surface, it it should be discarded.
- A very fresh egg out of the shell will have an overall thick white which doesn’t spread much and the yolk will stand up.
Some health benefits:
- Eggs are great for the eyes. An egg a day may prevent macular degeneration due to the carotenoid content, specifically lutein and zeaxanthin.
- Who eats eggs everyday have lower risk of developing cataracts .
- Egg contains 6 grams of high-quality protein and all 9 essential amino acids.
- Regular consumption of eggs may help prevent blood clots, stroke, and heart attacks .
- Egg yolk has about 300 micrograms of choline. Choline is an important nutrient that helps regulate the brain, nervous system, and cardiovascular system.
- They contain the right kind of fat. Egg contains just 5 grams of fat and of that only 1.5 grams is saturated
- Moderate consumption of eggs does not have a negative impact on cholesterol. In fact, regular consumption of two eggs per day does not affect a person’s lipid profile and may improve it .
- Eggs contains naturally produced vitamin D .
- Eggs lower the risk breast cancer by 44% 10. Eggs promote healthy hair and nails with its high sulphur content and wide array of vitamins and minerals.