Chili chicken is a hot and spicy Indo-Chinese chicken recipe. It is mostly ordered Chinese dish in Indian restaurant. Chicken deep fried in a tantalizing batter and coated with nice hot and spicy sauce.
- Boneless chicken: 500 gm
- Cornflour: 3 tbsp
- Egg: 1
- Gnger and garlic (chopped): 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Capsicum: 1 (diced)
- Onion: 2 Medium (diced)
- Green chillies: 5-6 (slited)
- Ginger & garlic: 1 tsp (chopped)
- tomato sauce: 1 tbsp
- soya sauce: 1 tbsp
- red chilli sauce: 1 tbsp
- vineger: 1 tsp
- black pepper: 1 tsp
- cornflour: 1 tbsp
- salt to taste
- aginamoto: 1/4 tsp
- Water/ chicken stock: 1cup
- Mix the chicken with corn flour, egg, red chilli powder, chopped ginger & garlic so that the chicken pieces are coated nicely.
- Heat the oil. Deep fry the chicken pieces over high heat until it turns into nice crisp and tender. keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Sauté 1 tsp chopped ginger & garlic.
- Now add diced onion and capsicum. Also add salt. Stir fry them over high flame for 2-3 mins.
- Add the green chilies and stir again for 2 mins. Then add the remaining tomato sauce, soya sauce, red pepper sauce, vinegar, black pepper and ajinamoto.
- Mix it well. Add the fried chicken pieces and toss well. This is the dried version of Chilli chicken.
- Now add about 1 cup of water or chicken stock to the chicken. If you want more gravy, some more water or chicken stock. Let it cook for 1 minute.
- Dissolve 1 tbsp of corn flour in water. Pour it into the chicken to make the gravy little thick.
- Chili chicken is ready to serve. It goes awesome with noodles and fried rice.