A tasty and healthy vegetarian version of Egg Bhurji (stir-fried eggs).
A couple of days ago, While boiling milk, it burnt from bottom side. I felt upset and was wondering how can I make it edible? Then I started experimenting by making paneer from that burnt milk using some spices. But It was still smelling. With much hesitation, I end up making paneer bhurji and the output was good. The burnt smell absolutely went off and all of my family members just loved it.
I made it for dinner and it goes perfect with roti, Paratha, plain rice or pulao.
- Paneer: 200gm
- 1 Finely chopped tomato
- 1 big finely chopped onion
- 1/2 finely chopped capsicum/ bell pepper
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Oil or butter
- Crumble the paneer and keep aside.
- Heat oil or butter (butter is best) in a pan.
- Add onions and salt. Saute until it become transparent.
- Add ginger paste and green chilies. Fry them for a while.
- Add tomatoes and cook till they become soft.
- Add chopped capsicum and just mix it.
- Now add all the spice powders. Fry for a minute.
- Finally, add the crumbled paneer and let it cook for 1-2 minutes. Don’t cook the paneer for a long time as they harden and loose their softness.
- End up with chopped coriander leaves.
- Paneer bhurji is ready and serve.
- To remove the smell from burnt milk, add two beetle leaves in the milk.
- Add a little salt so that the onions get cooked faster.