Fish fry is an amazing deep fried snack. It is very popular street food of Calcutta and tastes really yummy and delicious. From road side stalls to five-star hotels, wedding feast to birthday party – every where it holds an important place in the menu.
This is also good for kids and the people who love to eat fish but find difficulty to separate bones. Easy to make at home. Only you need to marinate the fish fillets with spices and deep fried in the oil.
It best goes with mustard sauce, tomato ketch up and green salad.
- Fish Fillets: 6.
- Onion paste: 1 tbsp
- Ginger-garlic paste: 1/2 tsp
- Green chilli paste: 1 tbsp
- Eggs: 2
- Chopped cilantro: 2 tbsp
- Chopped mint leaves: 1tbsp
- Pepper powder: 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Marinate the fish fillets with little salt and lime juice for 10-15 minutes.
- In another mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients except breadcrumbs.
- Add fish pieces into the mixture and allow it to marinate for at least one hour in the refrigerator.
- After one hour, remove the marinated fish pieces from the refrigerator. Now coat the fish fillets in breadcrumbs and give a nice rectangular shape by using a knife.
- Deep fry the fish fillets in the oil until they are golden brown in color.
- Remove and soak excess oil in the absorbent paper.
- Serve with mustard sauce and green salad.