This is the recipe I made when I cooked tandoori chicken. It goes absolutely well with any tandoori item or you can use it for any sandwich spread. But I like to savor with plain rice. Very refreshing minty and coriander flavored chutney with full of nutritional elements.
The addition of lemon juice enhances the flavors of mint and coriander and prevent discoloration of the greens. Green chutney is probably the most favorite Indian accompaniment. The chutney can be stored refrigerated for up to a week.
- Cilantro – 1 small bunch
- Mint leaves – 1 small bunch
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Green chillies – 2-3 small
- Yoghurt – 2 – 3 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp or to taste
- Salt – To taste
- Put 1 small bunch mint leaves, cilantro leaves, 3-4 tbsp curd, 2-3 green chilies, 3 garlic cloves, 1 inch cut ginger, 1/4 tsp salt and 1 tsp lemon juice in a blending container and blend till smooth.
- Transfer into a serving bowl.