KFC fried chicken is one of the most popular fast food among all age across the globe. I tried a lot to replicate the recipe but it’s very difficult. After researching far and wide I found this recipe that comes out tasting just like the original.
- 1 kilo chicken with chicken, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon MSG i.e. ajinomoto
- oil to deep fry..
- Combine the egg, buttermilk and salt in a large bowl. Give a good whisk. Soak the chicken pieces in the mixture for at least 30 minutes or 2 hours.
- In another shallow bowl or plate season all purpose flour with salt and fold in all the dried herbs and spices that is oregano, basil, sage, marjoram, chili powder, paprika, white pepper powder, ginger powder, garlic powder and MSG. Also add crushed cornflakes and bread crumbs. Give them a really nice toss to mix all together.
- Now remove the chicken pieces from egg and buttermilk mixture and roll the chicken in the seasoned flour until completely coated.
- If you want crispier chicken fry then double coating is mandatory. So put the chicken pieces again in the egg-buttermilk mixture and then in the flour mixture.
- Heat enough oil in a pan.
- Add the chicken pieces in the hot oil and fry them until golden brown. Cook them by covering the pan so that the chicken get cooked inside. Also lower the flame to avoid burning.
- KFC style fried chicken is ready. Serve hot with tomato ketch up.