Jhuri Aloo bhaja is the traditional recipe from the heart of Bengal. It is also known as Bengali potato fry. It is so crispy and crunchy that its one bite makes you overwhelmed. Very simple and super fast recipe. If you are planning to make a very quick meal, but wondering what to make, then I will definitely recommend you to try this jhuri aloo bhaja or crispy potato fry. It is perfect accompanied by steamed rice and dal.
“Thinly grated potato deep fried in the oil”.
- Potato : 500 gm
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 teaspoon
- peanuts : 50 gm(optional)
- Salt to taste
- Refined oil for frying
- Peel the potatoes and wash it properly.
- Grate the potatoes very thinly.
- Wash the potatoes again and add turmeric powder.
- To make it crispy and crunchy, do not add salt now. Add the salt when potato gets almost fried.
- Put enough oil in the pan( about 200 gm).
- When oil is being heated, add the shredded potatoes over medium high heat .
- After couple of minutes, add peanuts.
- fry them until it turns golden brown and add salt.
- After done it, take it out in a paper towel and soak the excess oil into it.
- Sprinkle little black pepper powder on it.
- Serve it hot with any rice and dal.