Mango lassi is a popular and traditional sweet yogurt-based drink, originated in the punjab region. It is made of yogurt and mango pulp. You may also add sugar, milk and cardamom for extra richness and flavoring. It is served chilled in a tall glass as a hot weather refreshment, often sprinkled with dry fruits and nuts on the top.
Mango lassi is gaining popularity worldwide. it is widely available in US, UK, Malaysia, Singapore and some other parts of the world.
It is not only refreshing drink but also a healthy pick up. As we know “the king of the fruits” mango is rich in Vitamins (A, B6, C, E), minerals, dietary fiber, poly-phenolic flavonoids antioxidants compounds.
- Ripe mango: 2 (cut into cubes)
- Thick yogurt: 2 cups
- Milk: 1 cup (optional, depending on your desired consistency)
- Sugar: 2 tbsp ( depending on the sourness of mango)
- cardamom powder: 2 pinches
- Chopped dry fruits and nuts: 2 tsp (for garnishing – pistachios, almonds, cashews and raisins)
- Ice-cubes: 7-8
- Cut the mango into slices along either side of the pit.
- Carefully make lengthwise and crosswise cuts through the mango pulp down to the skin, being careful not to cut through the skin.
- Push upward with your fingers.
- See how nicely they came out.
- Scrape off the diced mango chunks by cutting between the mango pulp and the skin.
- Discard skin.
- Put mango cubes, yogurt, milk, sugar and cardamom powder into a blender. You can also add milk if you want little less thick consistency.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add ice and give a final blend.
- Pour into a serving glass.
- Garnish with chopped dry fruits and nuts.
- Serve chilled.