Onion Rings are very common & popular fast food found in US, UK, Canada, Australia and some parts of Asia. To make perfect onion rings need a bit of work. Follow these step by step method which will help to make crispy and tasty onion rings.
- 3 large red $ sweet onions
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/2 cup milk/ buttermilk
- cooking oil for deep frying
- Chat masala
- Cut the onion into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
- Separate rounds into rings and place onto paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Combine flour, corn flour, pepper, baking powder in a bowl.
- In another separate bowl whisk milk, eggs and salt to taste.
- Add the mixture to dry ingredients and blend well to get lump free and smooth batter. Consistency should be medium-thick.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Dip onion rings in the batter and put in the hot oil.
- Deep fry rings until golden brown.
- Drain fried onion rings on paper towels.
- Transfer them to paper towel to soak excess oil.
- Sprinkle little chat masala before serving.