In the evening you need something really chatpata (savory) and easy to make snack that beats your hunger. Onion toast is such a wonderful tea time snack recipe that will surely pamper your taste buds. Breads are coated with simple onion filling and shallow fry until nice crisp and golden brown.
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- 2 big onion thinly sliced.
- 2 chopped green chilies.
- One egg
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 1/2 tbsp corn flour.
- Msg or ajinamoto (optional)
• In a bowl, combine chopped onions, chopped chilies, egg, salt and pepper, cornflour, msg that is ajinamoto. Give a good mix. Filling is ready.
• Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
• in the meantime, spread the filling on one side of the bread and put the bread slices on the hot oil immediately. The filling side should be down. After spreading the filling, don’t keep it aside for long time because this way the bread slices become soggy and the toast will not come out well. So just spread and put in the hot oil. You can make 4 onion toasts together in a pan.
• Cook on medium flame.
• Once the down side is nice crisp and golden brown, flip over and cook other side.
• When they are done, remove onto absorbent paper to absorb excess oil.
• Before you serve, cut them in a triangle and complement the lovely onion toasts with your favorite dip or sauce.