Papaya milkshake is not only a delicious drink, it has lots of nutritional benefits:
– Wonder of the nature “Papaya” improves digestive system and prevents heart disease, arthritis, cataract formation, lungs disease, cancers and many more.
– It is also good for healthy and younger looking skin.
– It has loads of antioxidants and flavonoids.
– It is high in vitamin ( A, B,C, E, K) and minerals like magnesium, folate, beta carotene, lutein and more.
I personally don’t love papaya but when it is papaya milkshake I can have it just glass after glass. Addition of vanilla ice-cream makes it truly heaven.
- Ripe papaya cubes: 1 cup
- Milk: 1 cup
- Sugar or honey: 1-2 tsp
- Chopped dry fruits and nuts: 1 tbsp ( you can use any)
- Vanilla ice-cream: 1 scoop.
This will make for 4 persons.
- Wash and cut papaya into small pieces.
- Put diced papaya, milk, sugar, dry fruits and nuts together in a blender and blend it until smooth and creamy.
- Pour in a milkshake glass
- Top with scoop of vanilla ice-cream and enjoy.
- When you are going to shop for a ripe papaya, always look for skin that is turning from greenish to yellowy. This is normal if you found some parts of the papaya bruised. Press the skin with your thumb. If it feels like soft or mushy or it has a sweet smell to it, the papaya is overripe. Green-skinned and firmer papaya will ripe approx. within 1-3 days om your counter.