Crispy & crunchy Prawn toast is great as evening snack or starter.
- 4 slices white bread
- 100 gm peeled & deveined prawns
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 inch peeled & grated ginger
- 1 grated cheese cube (optional)
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cornflour or besan (gram Flour)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- Oil for frying
- Cut each slice into 2 triangles.
- Place prawns in a food processor with onion, cheese cube, ginger, red chili powder, egg, cornflour or gram Flour, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Process until smooth.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on a plate. Dip bread in the mixture, prawn side down, into sesame seeds.
- Pour oil into a deep wok for frying and heat it.
- Deep fry the both sides until golden brown.
- Serve crispy prawn toast with tomato ketchup.