Golden brown onions are an integral part of Indian cooking. You can use it in pulao, biriyani or grind to a smooth paste and make a gravy.
To get perfectly golden brown onions
- Slice the onion as fine as possible.
- Open up the onion completely so that it gets uniformly fry.
- Mix little cornflour to absorb excess moisture .
- Heat enough oil and deep fry.
You can freeze them and store for more than a month…
Sometimes it happens like while onions are frying they are sticking to each other or not remaining crispy for a long time.
It could be possible,
- If cut the onions thick
- If onions have taken out before they have browned well
- Temperature is also an important thing. The temperature should be high when you put onions in the oil.