What is blanching:
Blanching is a very basic method of cooking that we often do in our kitchen to make different
Do you really know the exact method of blanching? If not, here is the technique-
- Take the vegetables or fruits that you want to blanch (such as tomatoes, peaches, peas, spinach or anything).
- Put them in the boiling water for the prescribed time ( usually 1-3 minutes).
- Lift out the items and transfer them to cold water. – When the items are completely cool, remove them from the ice bath.
- It helps loosen skin for peeling and also preserve color and texture from turning grey ( asparagus, green peas, green beans, spinach, tomatoes, peaches).
- Leeches out bitterness.
- Removes raw smell of vegetables.
These technique may be used in stir-fries, salads or making purees ( such as tomato puree)