Spicy Potato 65 is a hot and spicy vegetarian dish.
Here, fried crispy potatoes are cooked with Hyderabadi flavor and spices. It’s a great starter to serve and are best accompanied with any type of rice.
- Medium sized potatoes – 5
- Chopped garlic: 5-6 cloves
- Ginger & Garlic Paste – 1/2 tbsp
- Slited green chilies – 3
- Red chili – 2-3
- Turmeric powder – 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 3/4 tsp
- Fresh curry leaves – 8-10
- Fresh curd – 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice of 1 lemon
- Chopped cilantro – 3 tbsp
- Red color: 1 tsp (optional)
- Ajinamoto – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Salt – as required
- Oil – enough to deep fry
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger – 1/2 tbsp
- Chopped garlic: 2-3 cloves
- Cornflour – 4 tbsp
- Fresh curd – 3-4 tbsp
- Refined flour – 2 tbsp
- Salt – To taste
- Parboil the potatoes. Peel the outer skin and cut them into cubes.
- Add Turmeric powder, Red chili powder, Corn flour, Refined flour, half cup of curd, lime juice and salt to the potato pieces and mix them well.
- Heat the oil in a wok.
- Place the potato pieces one by one carefully so that it does not stick to each other.
- Fry them until they turn to golden brown and crispy.
- Now it’s time to make gravy. So, for that Heat 2 tbsp oil in another pan.
- Add the chopped garlic and fry a bit.
- Put curry leaves, green chilies and red chilies. Sauté it for few seconds.
- Now beat the yogurt with a little salt and add it to the pan. At this moment, you can also drop little red color.
- When gravy becomes thick, add fried potatoes, lime juice and ajinamoto in it.
- Finally garnish it with chopped cilantro.
- So, tan ta tan… it’s ready to serve.