Vegetable Sweet Corn Soup – simple, healthy, easy to digest and nutritious. Salty, peppery and sweet in taste.
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Garlic – 1 tsp (finely minced)
- Ginger – 1 tsp (grated)
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Carrots – 1/2 cup
- Green Beans – 1/4 cup (cut diagonally)
- Cabbage: 1/4 cup
- Cream Style Corn – 1 can
- Salt – to taste
- Black Pepper – to taste
- Vegetable stock – 3 cups
- Corn Starch – 2 tsp (mixed with a little water)
- Vineger – 1 tsp
- Green Onions – 2 (chopped diagonally, for garnishing)
- In a pan, add 1 tbsp Oil. When the oil is moderately hot, add chopped ginger and garlic. Allow it to sizzle.
- Add Onions and saute for few seconds.
- Now add Carrots, Green Beans and cabbage. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add Cream Style corn. It is available in the market. Just give a good mix.
- Add Vegetable Stock and then little vinegar about 1 tsp.
- Now mix and Bring to a good boil.
- When the mixture comes to a boil, you can see a kind of froth is floating on the top. Remove it as far as possible. Give it 1-2 minutes more to cook.
- Now add seasoning. add salt, ajinamoto or MSG (optional) and add pepper.
- In the meantime, mix a little water with the corn Starch and pour slowly in depending upon your desired consistency. Don’t add too much. Because you don’t want the soup too thick. 2-3 tsp is good enough. Now just mix and cook for another 1 or 1 1/2 mins.
- It’s ready.
- Garnish with Spring (Green) Onions and serve Hot with chili vinegar and soya sauce.