A simple and classic chocolate chip cookies along with goodness of walnut., These are the cookies soft in the middle, slightly crunchy at the edges. They are easy to make – need maximum 30 minutes to be ready. No special equipments are required. So delicious, chewy and soft cookies. These are the wonderful treat for everyone.
Makes about 20 cookies
Prep: 15 min › Cook: 15 min › Ready in: 30 min
• 100g butter, softened
• 100g sugar
• 1 egg
• Few drops of vanilla extract
• 250g plain flour
• Pinch of salt
• 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
• 60g coarsely chopped walnuts a
• 120 gm plain chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Grease little butter to prevent sticking.
3. In a medium bowl, cream together melted butter and sugar until soft and smooth.
4. Break an egg and add in the sugary butter mixture. Beat in the egg, then add vanilla extract. Dissolve 1/4 tsp soda by carb in the 1tbsp hot water along with a pinch of salt and put straight to the wet mix.
5. Sieve 250 gm maida or all purpose flour on the wet mix directly
6. Gather them all and give a gentle fold. Once all the ingredients incorporated well, fold in the chopped walnuts and chocolate chips. The mixture should be dough consistency. It should squeeze easily, but not stick to your fingers.
7. Wet your hands. Take 1/2 tbsp of the dough. Make a small round ball and flatten them slightly. Put in the greased tray. Cookies should be about 3cm apart because they will double in size when baked.
8. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking tray for 5 minutes. Then remove from the tray.